Friday, July 15, 2011

Office 365 ROI for Mid-size Business

I recently read an article about the ROI for mid-size companies using Office 365. I won't bore you with all the numbers and how they gathered the data, which I always find interesting. Toward the bottom of the report it said the "study was commissioned by Microsoft and delivered by Forrester Consulting group".

Forrester is a reputable company but if Microsoft commissioned it you have to look at the methods very closely. I've seen similar studies before and I always adjust the numbers to reflect what I feel is a more accurate result. Despite my adjustments (which I can easily defend with real world evidence) the ROI and cost savings are very impressive. In fact, the savings are impressive enough that you need to justify NOT going to Office 365.

Here is the link to the Forrester report if you want to read the whole thing. Warning, it will download a PDF file from download.microsoft.com.

I will leave you with some customer testimonials that are quotes from the report. I believe they say all that needs to be said on why Office 365 is an awesome product. 
 
Have a great weekend!

-  “The cost savings that we see from a cloud-based solution are reason enough to choose Office 365. It saves the company money and allows our IT staff to work on business problems and add more value to the company.”

-  “I looked at running a basic set of servers, and at first thought, this would be the right way to go. When I took into consideration all of the hardware and licensing costs, as well as the complexity, I realized I didn’t want to manage it all myself and that Office 365 was the right solution."

- “Peace of mind is the biggest benefit for me. Knowing that someone else is taking care of everything is great.”
 
- “We had a single Exchange 2003 server that had been deployed a very long time and was not well maintained. I needed to find a way to migrate to the latest solution but manage it with limited staff"

- “I am a co-owner and also responsible for the overall management of our servers. This is a constant concern for me since we don’t have a lot of IT staff. I am tied to my servers, and for me to go on vacation is rough. When I put SharePoint in the cloud, it became easy for me to go on vacation. I could have hired a lot of staff, but that would have been a more expensive solution. It is a big win to move everything to the cloud.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment